Cookies and Privacy
Who we are and how to contact us
vision.fta.co.uk (“Site”) is operated by Freight Transport Association Limited, a limited company registered in England and Wales with company number 391957, having its registered office at Hermes House, St John’s Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 9UZ, ("we" “us” “our”)
Our VAT number is GB217853550.
To contact us, please email email@example.com.
By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use the Site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
Our Cookies Policy, which sets out information about the cookies on the Site.
If you purchase products from the Site, our Terms and Conditions of Sale will apply.
We may make changes to these terms and the Site
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use the Site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 12 April 2018.
We may update and change the Site from time to time to reflect changes in legislation, to our products, our users' needs and our business priorities or changes in the industry. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
We may suspend or withdraw the Site
The Site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
The Site is only for users in the UK
The Site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through the Site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you may use material on the Site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Where you have an active membership to our services, you may print off information on the Site for commercial use (in accordance with any licence requirements or conditions communicated to you).
Where you are purchasing products from the Site you may print the relevant information you require to keep a record of the transaction.
If you do not have an active membership and are not purchasing products, you are not entitled to print the information contained on the Site for any commercial purpose whatsoever. You may print one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Site for your personal use only and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on the Site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on the Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this Site
Unless we state otherwise, the content on the Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of Sale.
If you are a business user
We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to the Site or any content on it.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the Site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Site
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage
If you are a consumer user
Please note that we only provide the Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will repair the damage. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that the Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
Acceptable Use Policy
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes.
You may not use the Site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam)
You also agree:
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Site;
- any equipment or network on which the Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party
Rules about linking to the Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to the Site in any website that is not owned by you.
The Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Our trade marks are registered
Trademarks, UK00002568389, UK00003093094, UK00003098547, UK00003098548, UK00003183082. You are not permitted to use them without our approval, unless we expressly agree otherwise.
Freight Transport Association Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 391957, having its registered office at Hermes House, St John’s Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 9UZ, (“we” “us” “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
FTA’s data protection and privacy measures are governed by the Data Protection Act 1998 up until 25 May 2018, when they shall be governed by (i) the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK (“Data Protection Legislation”).
For the purposes of Data Protection Legislation our nominated representative is HY Legal
For the purpose of Data Protection Legislation, where personal data is provided directly to us through use of the Site, email, or other means we will be a data controller of such information. Where we process personal data which we cannot determine the use, we will be data processor.
WHOSE INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
We may collect personal data of individuals who:
- browse the Site;
- contact us (including through social media);
- use our Vision Compliance Management platform;
- are customers of ShopFTA;
- are customers of other services we provide;
- are FTA members (“Members”); and
- are drivers of vehicles which use our services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us
- by filling in forms, making purchases or logging into the Site;
- by using interactive features and services provided through the Site or otherwise (such as the Vision platform);
- by searching and/or purchasing products through the Site;
- through social media functions;
- by entering a promotion or survey;
- by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- by making an enquiry or reporting a problem with the Site or any services we provide.
The information you give us may include your:
- Identity Information – including personal details including your name, username and title;
- Employment Information – Including employment status, role, job title, position;
- Contact Information - contact details (including business or private) such as your address, e-mail address, phone number;
- Location Information – including your location including information regarding your driving habits collected through the Vision platform;
- Driver Information – including driving details including, your driver card number, driver licence number and categories a copy of your driving licence, driving convictions (if any) as well as data required by Road Transport and Working Time Directives such as drive time, rest periods, break periods, and ‘other’ work periods, holiday and sick taken and your accident/collision history; and
- Training Information – including your training history CPD number.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
By visiting the Site we will automatically collect the following information Technical Information :
- technical information, including the Internet protocol address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, information through platforms you use; and
- information about your visit to the Site, including the full Uniform Resource Locators, clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE ABOUT YOU FROM OTHER SOURCES
We work closely with third parties who may provide us with information about you. These third parties include but are not limited to:
- Affinity Partners as listed on our website at https://fta.co.uk/services/affinity-services-1, whom you register with or purchase services from;
- sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services including PayPal and SagePay;
- credit reference agencies;
- analytics and search information providers;
- telematics companies and system providers;
- local authorities;
- DVLA; and
- Licence Bureau.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (or with our customers) and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us as well as notifying you about changes to our service.||
Performance of the contract
|To ensure we comply with our reporting and legal requirements.||Identity Information Contact Information Driver Information||Legal Requirement|
|To respond to queries, complaints, claims and enquiries.||Identity Information Contact Information||Legitimate Interests|
|To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about||Identity Information Contact Information||Legitimate Interests (where you are a business customer) Consent (where you are a consumer customer)|
To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer to:
|Technical Information Location Information||Legitimate Interests|
|To administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.||Technical Information Location Information||Legitimate Interests|
|To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.||Technical Information Location Information||Legitimate Interests|
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Affinity Partners;
- suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you or them (including third parties who deliver e-mails to you on our behalf);
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others or those who run events;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- Trusted data agencies such as Dunn and Brad Street; to assist in cleansing data and improving the quality of our customer and prospect data.
In addition to this we will also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If the Freight Transport Association Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or hosted in a secure cloud based service provided by one of our sub-contractors. Any electronic payment transactions will be encrypted, and conducted by our third party payment providers in accordance with their terms.
HOW LONG WE HOLD YOUR INFORMATION
We will not hold your data for longer than we consider necessary. We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Generally, we keep personal data in accordance with our internal retention procedures, which are determined in accordance with our regulatory obligations and good practice. These retention periods depend on the nature of the information, and are subject to change. If you have any questions in this regard, please contact us using the details below.
Please note that after the deletion of your information, it cannot be recovered, so if you require a copy of this personal data, please request this during the period we retain the information.
You have the opportunity to choose (opt in) whether your information may be used for product development, supplemental research or marketing purposes. To opt in to such use, we require your express consent.
You have the right to ask us to stop using your information in relation to marketing, supplemental research or product development at any time by contacting us in accordance with our contact details below.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under Data Protection Legislation in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction of your personal data;
- Request erasure of your personal data;
- Object to processing of your personal data;
- Request restriction of processing your personal data;
- Request transfer of your personal data;
- Right to withdraw consent.
Your rights of access can be exercised by emailing your request to email@example.com.
In some situations, you will have the right to ask us not to process your information for any purpose. Where relevant you can exercise this right at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a complaint about the way in which we collect, process and store your personal data which you do not feel can be resolved by contacting us, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.
We treat the protection of personal data very seriously and will not collect personal data from persons under the age of 16.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet is completely secure. Whilst we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you provide to us through the Site and you provide this at your own risk. The website is however protected with a secure SSL certificate.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We will hold this password in an encrypted data form to ensure it cannot be read by our staff.
Where we collect your personal data, we take adequate technical and organisational security measures to prevent unauthorised access and to ensure that the data we hold whether as Data Controller or Data Processor is kept secure.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and Affinity Partners. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.